1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Walker changes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mike Paulsen, Jan 18, 2001.

1. Mike Paulsen

Mike Paulsen LawnSite Member
    from Idaho

what things have some of you done to your walkers to make them more productive.
  2. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

I built my own front mount sprayer for it. I built a dump box like the one on the sd model for hauling stuff. I made my own hitch for the back, one that you can actually use not like the short one it comes with. Thinking of foaming the back swival tires to reduce flats. When I have time I'm going to mount my aerator on the front of it. I made a bracket for my electric fertilizer spreader on it but I'm worried about the corrosion from fertilizer on my expensive mower. I'm also hoping to rig up slit seeder to it this year too.
  3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Ordered it right.

26 EFI - Large Catcher - Solid caster tires - Speed up kit - extra blades and hubs - no-catch deflector - upgraded seat.

Its a great rig if you have the right customer base for it.
    I'll always own one.
  4. Indiana

Indiana LawnSite Member

I built a front mounted sprayer for my Walker C, too.

I wanted to put a electric spreader on it as well. But haven't taken the time.

Walkers are great theysave time and make it easier on the operator. Wish I had a new one, no money for that now.
  5. Cleve

Cleve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Rockmart, GA

Changed to the low profile tire/wheeel combination. I have the diesel and that one change allows the mower to be more productive on slopes and in wet conditions. Less likely to slip on the slopes and less likely to track in wet conditions. The only other change I would like to make is to the tilt up deck. Mine was made around 1994 and doesn't have this. Very expensive to retrofit.
  6. Mike Paulsen

Mike Paulsen LawnSite Member
    from Idaho

the only thing that i did on my 20 hp was to put a grass dump on it. it raises 68" so i can dump into my 1 ton. what a time and back saver.