Walker creeping

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by shearbolt, Nov 22, 2001.

1. shearbolt

shearbolt LawnSite Member

How do I adjust the hydros so it stays put. I leave my engine running all day. If it creeps will that overheat my hydros?

2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

ShearBolt

My does the same thing. I used a 9/16 wrench to adjust the nuts on the linkage at the bottom of the handles. this adjustment is also for making them drive straight. There are some walker dealer on this site who can tell you more. Good Luck

3. Why do you leave your engine run all day? Even while trailering it?

No it should not over heat your hydro's but it is a waiste of gas, and waisted or false hours on the machine.

As far as it creaping. Why don't you look in the "OWNERS MANUAL" that comes with every mower.

4. shearbolt

Lawngodfather, I bought the mower used. There is no Walker dealer in town. I guess I should get one from Walker.

5. shearbolt

I was frustrated when my 20hp kohler went at 1800 hours. So when met a guy in Davenport who claims to get 5000 hours out of his fan cooled Kohlers by doing this I decided to try it on this one. I do shut it down if it's going to be ten or more minutes between stops.

6. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

shearbolt, go to the Walker site and order Walkertalk, lots of good info. Of course by now you have realized the mower is too slow and want to sell it. Ric is right, adjust the threaded bolts to control tracking and creeping. I'm not real comfortable on the leaving the engine running all day idea, proper air flow is more important to long life than starting and stopping. I assume you have an open trailer to be able to do this. I'm interested in how many minutes or hours a day you figure you have your machine idleing.

7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Shearbolt

1800 hrs on an air cooled is good. be happy. The man in Davenport did you Wrong. A new long block 20 horse is only $1200 and comes with a two year parts and labor.

8. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

shearbolt:

The adjustment is too fine to end up with zero movement from the hydros. Mine has always moved forward or backward from day one no matter how its adjusted. Thats what the parking brake is for, to hold it in place. My parking brake usually sticks whitch is as annoying as the hydros are creeping.

Gene

9. WLC

WLC LawnSite Member
    from NE TN

To properly correct your Walker from creeping see step #3 Neutral Function Adj.(attachment). The linkage on the steering levers is for adjusting straight line travel.

10. WLC

WLC LawnSite Member
    from NE TN

Attachment for prev. post.