Walker deck storage

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RMDoyon, Feb 27, 2002.

1. RMDoyon

RMDoyon LawnSite Member

Has anyone devised a scheme to store Walker decks when not attached using a minimum of floor space?

I am specifically looking to store a deck on my trailer vertically. That is, propped up on the carrier frame with the wheels down.

I swear, months ago I saw something fabricated for sale online but several Google searches have turned up nothing.

Roger

2. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

considering purchase of a Walker would be good to carry

another deck. Ed

3. andyslawns

andyslawns LawnSite Member

Roger, I am also looking for a way to store Walker Decks on the trailer in a verticle position. I have thought about getting a solid steel shaft and putting it throught the holes on the deck (The ones that you have to line up when you put the deck on). I think the deck might be a little heavy to pick up and sit on there. If a guy could get some way to henge it it would probably work great. Well I am rambling on, I am gonna do some test this weekend, I ll take pics and let you see what I am talking about If i get something that works.

4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

5. RMDoyon

RMDoyon LawnSite Member

gene,
    I didn't see anything like I'm describing here.
    Am I missing something?

Roger

6. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

when i transport them, i tilt them up on their caster end and strap them down. i have a headache rack on the front, and they ride good.

i it wouldn't be hard to weld a couple of pieces of angle in the right spot on your trailer to strap them to.

hmmm. i'll look closer at this, maybe come up with a nice universal powder coated one.

7. gene gls

Roger,
    Sorry, they advertised a stand at one time.

Gene

8. pyrocare

pyrocare LawnSite Member

These guys carry a deck stand Debris Systems. Just go to trailers then click on trailer photos. It looks like it slips into the rods that connect the deck to the tractor. You'll have to e-mail them for the price though.

I hope this helps.:)

9. gene gls

Roger,

Thats the deck stand that Meg-mo used to advertize.

Gene

10. RMDoyon

RMDoyon LawnSite Member

Thanks for the help guys.

I sent them an e-mail for more info.

I'll probably end up making my own unless this thing is relatively inexpensive and can accomodate differently-sized decks.

Roger