Walker deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by colnc, Jan 23, 2008.

1. colnc

colnc LawnSite Member

Has anybody here used the Walker 52" grass handling deck? I have two 26hp walkers with 42" and 36" decks on them. I am wanting to cut some time off this year but my customers are accustomed to having their lawns bagged so I need to stay with the walkers (plus I love them). If I can get some input on how the cut looks and if they bag good with this deck size, or any other info that would be great. :)
  2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

If you use 36 and forty 42. did you forget the 48 it’s been out for a long time.:drinkup:
  3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Are the grasses such that you can't use their mulching decks? I don't see a lot of info on lawnsite about guys using them.
  4. colnc

colnc LawnSite Member

The 52" will go anywhere the 48" will go on my route so might as well get another 6" cutting width.
  5. colnc

colnc LawnSite Member

I have thought about mulch decks but this deck will be on a mower full time and I don't know if I want to mulch all year long, our season in Idaho goes from middle of March through the middle of November. Also we get alot of leaves on our properties and the homeowners love the way the Walkers pick them up.
  6. ktfinch2000

ktfinch2000 LawnSite Member

how does the low pro tires work with the smaller deck? The walker dealer in my area told me that I would have to get the narrow tires in order to use the 42" deck with an Mt 26hp EFI. He said the tires would interfer with the trimming capabilities. thanks in advance:)
  7. johnnyusa

johnnyusa LawnSite Senior Member

Demo the 48 and the 52" Ive been told by the distributor and a lco that has both and they both said the 48" is better.
  8. GrassmasterB

GrassmasterB LawnSite Member
    from Florida

the low pro tires and a 42'' deck work just fine. the deck extends out about a 1/2'' past the tires on both sides. not much trim ability but it gets the job done.
  9. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

we demoed a new 52 deck last year it clogged alot and was nothing like the 48. The 42 and 36 work but you have no trimming ability plus the 48 just works for us spring, summer and fall.
  10. ktfinch2000

ktfinch2000 LawnSite Member

I can't wait for this mower to arrive. The pics I've seen on hear of what these mowers can do is making me get excited to get out there and start mowing. I've had enough winter already! I guess we are going with the 42" deck since it will work with the low pros. My dealer told me I could swap out the tires for the standard profile tires If I wanted but I don't think its worth it to sacrifice traction and stability. What do you guys think? Thanks Guys!