walker diesel mower, Kubota engine

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by scag43, Jun 24, 2012.

1. scag43

scag43 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Hi there, I have a walker diesel mower with Kubota 3 cylinder engine, the fuel injector pump is bad and I can't find the pump, my question is: can we take the Kubota out and install a kholer 22hp engine, don’t know if it can be done...any help or advise I will appreciated Thank you

2. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

Not unless you want to rebuild the whole machine from scratch. A gas engine Walker has EVERYTHING turning the other way from a WALKER diesel. The left and right hydro pumps would have to be switched. The PTO gear box will have to be replaced. The whole PTO lever system will have to be replaced. The wiring will have to be changed out. So the answer is NO. What do you mean you can not find the injector pump?

3. scag43

scag43 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I do have the pump, I will post pictures tomorrow, I have look every ware for this pump and I can't find it, the pump it is all apart and it has 2 broken spring..(We took it apart because there was no fuel pressure on the injectors or thru the line itself....only eBay has some similar pump but they don't fit the Kubota D600 3 cylinder engine..

4. scag43

scag43 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

here is the pump brand: Diesel Kili and numbers on the pump: 58021 3 224 , i took pictures but i don't know how to add them...

5. scag43

scag43 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

manufacture is: Diesel Kiki
    Part number: 58021 3 224

6. scag43

scag43 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

7. scag43

scag43 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

any ideas or advice, should I sell this Diesel walker mower and get it over with?

8. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

I thought Walkers used a D722 enigne

9. scag43

scag43 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

i think, i have an older model, engine is mark d600
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Have you tried going to a Kubota dealer. If an Ag tractor dealer does not have it, try a Kubota Industrial Engine dealer. There is a difference in the engines they sell. Quite a few parts will not cross over.