Not sure what happened. I bought a used implement hitch, hooked it up according to the directions. Red wire hooked to load terminal of the 40 amp circuit breaker, green wire to ground. When I pushed the switch to raise the hitch something was damaged. The hitch did not move and the mower continued to run normally. Turned engine off and now electrical system is showing about 8 volts on the meter, starter will not engage. Seems to drain what little power is in the system with the key on start. I've checked the motor on the hitch, it does work normally with 6 amps supplied by a battery charger. With the key out or in the off position I have 12.6 volts at the battery, circuit breakers behind the battery and at the alternator. Same voltage with key in "on" position. The instrument panel is showing 8 volts, horn is weak and oil light is dim. The relay under the time delay module has 8 volts coming to it. Any ideas what might have happened? Was planning on playing with a new toy today, not killing the mower.