walker dump bag

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gwoods, Aug 19, 2002.

1. gwoods

gwoods LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

does anyone know where i can get an aftermarket dump bag?

2. dukester

dukester LawnSite Member

If you find some let me know. I hate to use them but, sometimes you just have to. duke@huntcom.net

3. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

4. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

Try Lesco I bought 1 there last year. Saw one at a show last week. The dif is the label. bought a Walker 20x48 Last week. Also

put my Sears 40" rake on Walker. $109 vs $250 . Ed

5. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

These are what I use for grass, brush and other ****. I buy them used at a feed supply place. Last bunch I paid $5 per bag. They are bigger than the Walker bags but you can cut them down to whatever size you like. We also use them for top soil.

http://www.bulkbag.com/index.htm

6. BigJim

BigJim LawnSite Senior Member

You got Sheep around?,then there must be wool sacks.$2 each here, last for years

woolbalex.jpg

7. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

Mac Equipment 970 593 9421

They will ship to any where UPS goes, and the bags are tough. Make sure if you call that you tell them I sent you. The ones that Walker sells are weak. The threads that hold the handles on break pretty soon. PITA. The aftermarket ones they sell have strong threads, and hold up well. I would bet you could use one for 5 years or longer if it did not blow out of the truck or get a hole melted into it by a hot muffler. (Now how would I know that?) These guys aren't the cheapest around but the best I have found.

8. spomerhome

spomerhome LawnSite Member
    from Arizona

What do they charge for the bags? and are there different sizes, or one that you know works well if there are?

Thanks...

9. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

As far as I know it is just a Walker dump bag. Unless they have a size for the 7 bu. and another for the 9 bu. hopper.
    As for price I think the last time I bought one after letting the old one blow off the truck, they were like $80. But like I said they are made out of extremely durable canvass. Very well made.

10. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

Bought another bagg at Lesco $ 33 for 18 bushel, 27 bu $ 45

same as Walker only says Lawn Bagg. Ed