Walker engine low oil pressure light on........

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by nlminc, Nov 22, 2006.

1. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

My low pressure light keeps coming on. I have the 26hp Walker. Broke the dipstick a few days ago and have been using a rag in it's place until I can get to the dealer to buy a new stick. The rag came out today and some oil did also. Topped off the oil replaced the rag and I'm now getting the low oil pressure light warning? What do you think is the cause? It was working fine with the rag for about 25 hrs before this incident.

Thanks

2. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

I am afraid you may messed up with that rag. That dipstick sucks and blows as the engine is running. If a bit of that rag got sucked into the engine you could have a stopped up oil passage. You may have a bad pressure switch. Do not run the engine unit you can make sure the pressure switch is not bad.

3. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

If possible, remove the oil pressure switch(sensor) and hook up a manual oil pressure guage to see what the pressure is. Its probably a 5 psi normally open switch, but you need to varify that you have oil pressure before you run the engine very long.

4. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

Thanks for the info. Where is the pressure sensor located? Can I get a maual gauge from a place like Advanced Auto parts?

5. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

This may help

oil switch.JPG