1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Walker Family Reunion II

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MikeLT1Z28, Dec 22, 2007.

1. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

They have to work on some of the links but thats neat. I am actually considering going to this with my family. Gonna have to work out the logistics but I have a few months.
    Are you going Mike?
  3. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Once the snow melts I am going to begin training for the obstacle course:):) I can't wait!!!
  4. MikeLT1Z28

yep, i'll be there... registration should go live online sometime in January. I am not sure if my kids will be there, but there will be things there for an entire family.

from the looks of it, Budget Host and LaQuinta in Ft. Collins will be the cheapest lodging, unless you bring an RV or a tent. WiFi throughout the grounds so I'll try to have pics back to the net from the event. Heck, I might even bring a webcam and try and have a live feed at the event!
  5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I wonder in general is the Walker Company growing? Prospering? In today's world of big corporations sometimes it is hard for the family owned business to keep up. Of course I've heard mostly positive about Walker and the fine cut. I get their magazine which is very interesting. They are not practical for large area's that I cut (no bagging) but I have a lot of respect for the company. Hope they hang in there. They have carved out a niche market but even Exmark has moved in on that. Merry Chrismas and keep it between the lines on New Year's.
  6. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I wish I could go... Being a Solo opp. realy stinks for just that reason, can't ever get away for 9 months out of the year!

I'm betting that there's going to be a LOT more people there than they plan on. I don't think Walker realizes the power of all the message boards for getting the word out.

I think Walker is continualy growing. At least they don't project any sort of image that makes one believe otherwise. I know that in the past few years they have taken over about 50% of the market here.
  7. MikeLT1Z28

oh believe me.. they take plenty of notice to message boards! they used to be a sponsor here a long time ago Tim tells me. They are very aware of the board i setup (had to make sure I had their permission to use their name and such).

some of the folks from Ft. Collins may not post, but they read pretty regularly. I'd like to have a 74" deck for mine for cutting some open areas I deal with.