1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Walker full horn driving me nuts.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Premier landscaping south, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Premier landscaping south

Premier landscaping south LawnSite Senior Member

When I am mowing a bumpy lawn or roll over bumps my walker will chirp at each dip or bump. I am about tired of it and was wondering if there is a adjustment I can make. I am sure it is the full hopper alarm that is flapping up and down.

Thanks

2. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

Check inside to see what it is handing up on! It sound loose to me or malfunctioning.
    My oldest unit is 9 years old and still horning.???? If it driving you nuts, then unplug the thing inside the GHS box and gap it together. I haven't had this happen to us before.

3. Premier landscaping south

It still works fine once it is full, it is when it is filling is when it malfunctions. It is a 2001 with 450 hrs. I will have to fiddle with it in the morning. It seems as if the spring is just to forgiving. I thought I remember hearing something about an adjustment somehow.

4. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

2001 with 450 hours on it???????????????????????????????????? Wow!!
    Sorry for not being more informative. Just haven't had this problem. I need to look into the manual if they have a section on the sounding mechanisms.

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Awww that is so cute, the machine's way of letting you know it's happy.

6. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

:laugh:
    :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I really think it is the opposite, because mine will do that when I hit a good bump-----------kind of like it is saying "Hey watch it pal"

7. gmcplowtruck

gmcplowtruck LawnSite Member

i have an 07 and it does it too dealer said its supposed too nothing you can do about it just slow down

8. Premier landscaping south

I believe I am going to try to lightly reinforce the spring some and see if I can't find a happy medium. Maybe zip tie a zip tie along (LOL) the arm. To give the spring just enough stiffness to resist alarming on bumps but allowing it to alarm when full.

I hate rigging stuff, but if it stops the chirp-chirp, then rigging will commence.

9. Premier landscaping south

One more thing on this machine. The GHS blower belt came loose from the pulley yesterday in some tall grass. The belt looks a little worn and I want to replace it. Their is no room in between the starter and the pulley for the blower for the belt to come out. I guess the starter has to come out. It has a 20HP Kohler. Any suggestions?

10. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

I just wear my hearing protection, and it don't bug me too much.