Walker Gearbox Oil Seals

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by LEO, Sep 25, 2004.

1. LEO

LEO LawnSite Member

The T-box oil seal on my 42" walker deck is leaking. Can anyone tell me how hard it is to buy the seal and replace myself and a possible how to?

2. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

The "T" box on the deck is made by Tecumseh/Peerless. Parts can be got at any Tecumseh dealer and are easy to replace. Remember to fill the gear box half way full when refilling it and use 90W gear oil.

3. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: leo, very easy to get the part just go to any dealer that sells tecumsen and they should have it.

replacing it is very simple, take the blade off and youll see a plate with 3 srews in it take out the screws and remove the plate, bingo you can now see your oil seal.

what works best for me is a cotter pin puller it has a nice point on it. i guess anything with a point will work, even a large nail, while gently tapping your pointed object into old oil seal when you feel close to breaking through take it easy.

once through the oil will leak out let it leak out for a few min. then take a screw driver and pop out the seal leat remaining oil leak out.

take new seal and put in place flush meaning that it is contact evenly then take a large shocket and tap new seal into place making sure you are going in equally, do this until seal is flush with bottom of spindle, then replace plate and 3 screws and blade, then refill spindle. 80w90 oil. should take like 10-15 min. tony

4. LEO

LEO LawnSite Member

Thanks Tony! It works like a charm.

5. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: hey leo, did you do it? hope it worked out well, tony let me know