1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Walker GHS full alarm

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Boycea, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

I have a walker GHS and i'm having a problem with the alarm that goes off when the hopper is full. Today it started staying on and won't turn off, no matter if the hopper is completely empty. Any suggestions on troubleshooting?
  2. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

very common problem. i have, it check the sensor clean it and check the screen thats what my owners mannual says to do......i would also like to know how to fix it
  3. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

cut the wire.

but then you got to listen for the grass flow pitch to change.

boycea... pm our vp restrorob. if i think of something ill send you an email or pm
  4. dwc

dwc LawnSite Senior Member

I am having trouble with my sensor NOT going off. If you reach in the box and push it around really hard it will sound but with just grass it doesnt. Does anyone know how to adjust this or is this something that has to be replaced? Sometimes I don't hear the grass flow sound change then I have to dig out the ghs and thats no fun!

5. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

does the chute inside hopper turn ok? or at all. it might be the contacts on the bottom of hopper right behind the seat.
  6. Collegepro

Collegepro LawnSite Senior Member

I had my dealer take out my alarm and replace it right above the seat next to my ear so i can hear it better...they did it for free...