1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Walker GHS Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WalkerMan20, Oct 14, 2005.

1. WalkerMan20

WalkerMan20 LawnSite Member

I just wanted to know what other people thought about the Walker mower and there excellent bagging system. I have and 18hp of my own and love it to death but i wanted to get some other opinions about it.

2. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Do a search, it seems to be a love hate debate, you either love them or you don't.:D :D
  3. WalkerMan20

Yeh, I mean I love them to death but i was going to see if anyone else used them or liked them also. Also I know that we are going into fall and leaves are starting to fall and as far as i am concerened, Walker makes the best bagging system.
  4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

They are the best there is if you mow <1/2 acre heavily landscaped lawns.

Me personally, steer clear of such accounts.
  5. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

this is where the money is here.land is so valuable most lots are well under an acre.there are very few large lots that use a lawncare service.i will always have walker type mowers,z's are great on wide open spaces but the Walker kicks but on tight property's.

6. WalkerMan20

I'm right there with Ron. I live in Montgomery,Al and down here we have bermuda grass. It looks like crap when you discharge it and has to be well taken care of to be mulched so thats why the walker is so popular down in the south. The Walker is a "Man" of a Mower in many prospectives. It might not be the fastest, but it sure does a great job.

7. Fubba

Fubba LawnSite Senior Member

I don't use Walkers just for the reason that they won't work for me. I've seen them work before. At the college I'm going to, they use them and they work great as far as bagging goes. About 5 or 6 of the yards I do are fairly big properties with lots and lots of bahia. I'd like to see a Walker take care of that lol.
  8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Walker will have the 31HPfuel injected Liquid cooled Kohler on there 7MPH MTL:eek:

9. walk'in

walk'in LawnSite Member

At the company I work at we have 8 GHS MT walkers
    and wouldn't use anything else
    All we do are townhome assn.
    80 - 100 units per assn.
  10. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Around here you lose money on those cuz people aren't willing to pay what all those obstacles and contours are worth