1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Walker ghs to buy or not to buy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kturf, Mar 1, 2005.

1. kturf

kturf LawnSite Member

I'm looking at a walker GHS with a 16 hp has 195 hrs on it .The person wants 6500.00 for it is that a pretty good deal for a 2002 model any feed back or testimony's on the walker would be very helpful Thanks

For sale Exmark 48'' walk behind in NC

For sale 2003 Exmark 48 " metro walk behind with velkey used one season has about 45 hrs on it used by homeowner.1750.00 call or pm at 336 280-3074
  2. Mowman29

Mowman29 LawnSite Member
    from OH

Thats a small motor what size deck?
  3. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

It's probably a 42" Model C ???

I would say that you shouldn't pay more than 4500.00 for it.

But I am cheap and very particular!

I have owned and own Model T's in the past. Nothing < a 20Hp. I can't say enough for the Walker. It's really meant for highly landscaped properties that obviously require dedicated collection of grass.

They require more than average maintenance however. You really need to make sure that you keep up on all of that.

If I were you, I would look around more, or bring him 4500 in cash and see what he says.

Good luck -
  4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Sounds a little high to me and not a very good deal. I had a friend of mine recently buy a used Walker. Not sure what year, but it had a 20hp Kohler with 100 hours and only paid $6300. Actually, he got a good deal on it. I would keep looking!
  5. kturf

kturf LawnSite Member

The person selling it states its a 48 inch deck
  6. Mowman29

Mowman29 LawnSite Member
    from OH

Not enough hp for that deck thats why he getting rid of it