Walker guys can I get an opinion

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by truthnlife13, Sep 23, 2008.

1. BPS##

BPS## LawnSite Senior Member
    from WY

Man you guys sure manage to find lemons.

Current walker is 02 with over 3000 hrs. Engine purrs like a kitten all day long. 26 EFI
    The hydros are getting tired but as long as the engine keeps running the way it is it'll be around for a while.
    I paid $3000 for it used and had to put some money into repairs.
  2. jeffscap

jeffscap LawnSite Member

Machine is only as good as the operator. Run walkers for 37 years, you either like them or you don't depending on what you doing with them. If you buy used you inherit previous problems. They are great residential machines if you bag. If you are the mow and go guy - these aren't for you. Jeff
  3. tomsyardcare

tomsyardcare LawnSite Member

Ah no buddy machine is not as good as its operater. I have been using Walkers the last ten yrs. and they cut beautifully, however they are very tempermental, high maintenance, unreliable machines, in my opinion. I too do residential high end properties in one of the wealthiest communities in MA. I purchased new. My last walker I purchased was 5 yrs ago and it had electrical problems from yr. one. Those are not user induced problems they are from piss poor manufacturing and design. I met Bob Walker himself and told him just that.. Beware the Walker Mower!!!
  4. BPS##

BPS## LawnSite Senior Member
    from WY

Apparently they send all the issue mowers to the east coast.
    Knowing that most east coasters are already wound tight to the breaking point.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm on my third one.... second used one.
    Had a new one in 99.
    is not how I'd describe any of the 3.

The current one is a 26 EFI with over 3100 hrs.
    Purrs like a kitten. Very reliable.
  5. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

What kinda of mower did you switch to ?
  6. tomsyardcare

tomsyardcare LawnSite Member

I run exmark and toro still have my walker looking for somew sucker to take this lemon off my hands sorry busy watching my east coast team the celtics in playoffs
  7. chuacro

chuacro LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a 2006 walker about 3 years ago. This is my main go to mower. I do get tired of all the electrical and switch problems. I installed a quick pulg in wire to bypass all these safety features and get the mower running to finish the job and get it back on my trailer. Yeah I now it is not safe.