Walker guys help!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Armsden&Son, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

Has anyone ever run into cooling fans being cut off for some reason? I was greasing my machine today and for some reason, the blades are cut off one of my fans! It is a new machine, only 70 hrs. and I don't know how I haven't noticed this yet.... Would there be any reason at all that the dealer did this or did my machine get sabotaged.....???

2. mdghs

mdghs LawnSite Member

Which side? Sometimes a stick can get up in there and rip those fan blades off. Check to see if there is anything that may have come loose near the fan.

3. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

I agree with debris snapping the fins off. also check for the screws backing out causing the fans to come out of balance and hit other components......
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. windflower

windflower LawnSite Bronze Member

I mostly lose those fans from pine cones getting in there.

5. Armsden&Son

Darn!!! Must've been something! Do you guys think it's safe to run it with out the fan blades for a little while?

6. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

If a little while is loading it on the trailer and unloading it to repair yes. I wouldn't use it until the fan is replaced, I'm pretty sure those cool the hydro pumps and we all know what happens when those pumps get overworked and then overheat payup:cry:

7. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor LawnSite Senior Member

A stick or other debris can rip all the fins off , whether the machine is brand new or not. $8-$12 for a new fan and a single screw holding it on. Make sure you get the right fan. The hydros have different fans with different part numbers since they spin in opposite directions.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Armsden&Son

Thanks so much gentleman....

9. agent walker

agent walker LawnSite Senior Member

Probably a stick got in there and spun em off :( The right side has the most problem. I try to keep em on hand. The last one I got was black instead of white. Maybe its tougher??! I hope.

10. Armsden&Son

Where do ya'll get yours? You guys get them at your dealer or off the internet?