Walker Guys-Need Help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ed2hess, Mar 19, 2005.

1. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Does anybody have Dean Walkers e-mail address. I have been trying to lobby them to build a 36" mulching deck and the customer support have stonewalled me, saying they have other priorities. I understand that process since I worked for a large company and it was hard for a customers to get his ideas into the marketing/develpment organization. With American homes being built closer and closer together, the 36" gate is now on 95% of my lawns. And, Scag now came out with a 36" ZTR which is targeted for small lawns.

2. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

I made one years ago .... using a 36" deck with boxes from a 42" mulcher .... can't remember what kinda blades we used ... but it worked .... just not real good on tall St. Aug only .... needed to weld some boxes or deflectors underneath

3. Triple L

Triple L LawnSite Senior Member

can the tractor even get thrugh the gate, you must have the narrow tires.

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

On the deck you made, what direction did you have the blades rotating, both clockwise?

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Yea, you have to use 18-650-8 tires, same tires that Scag 36" Hyrdo has on it. The tire path stays inside the width of the 36" deck.

6. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Wouldn't it just be easier to get a dedicated 36" mulching w/b?

7. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes .... I believe that is so .... Clockwise fore both of em .... it was years ago .... an experiment .... we only used it 1 summer as it left a trail of hay .... mainly due to not creating a mulching insert ....

I'm lucky as most my back yards fit the 42" deck n I don't take on new customers that require a dedicated 36" ...unless they are right next to the present ones I have .... used 1 day in Cocoa Beach

8. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I don't think iy would be woth it for most people. How many lawns do you have that only a 36" will fit on?

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know LB there are probably 100000 homes in Austin that have wood fences and all of them have 36" gates with 4x4 on each side....no way to squeeze in bigger decks.

10. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Wow, thats alot of fences. Whats the average size of your lawns? Got hardly any fences around here, at least not enough to make it a problem for me.