Walker has no power

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by DennisW, Mar 24, 2005.

1. DennisW

DennisW LawnSite Member

I went to start up my walkers today after their winter rest. One was fine. The other has completely no power. I gave it a charged battery- and nothing. No alarm, click, nothing.
    Is there a fuse or something that could have failed? I had it winterized at the dealers in fall, and I ran it dry with no problems. Can't find anything disconnected either. Thanks for any help.

2. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

Make and model? The MTGHS has a fuse at the starter and a ciruit breaker and a fuse at the battery. The question is what blow the fuse in the first place. Are the battery post clean? You could have a bad ground. the ground wire where it mounts to the frame beside the battery may need to be removed and cleaned, seen that happen many a time.

3. DennisW

DennisW LawnSite Member

Thanks, yeah it's MTGHS. The terminals seem clean but I'll make sure. I will find the fuses- I did find the circuit breaker- can you tell me what to do with it? Wasn't sure where to go with that. Thanks.

4. DennisW

DennisW LawnSite Member

Fixer if you're still there, I removed the circuit breaker but couldn't see a problem, not sure what to look for. I also don't see any fuses. What do they look like? Thanks if you can help!

5. jimslawns

jimslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Saftey Switch in seat? You can jumper around it to test it, and if that is the problem you can get a replacement. Also there is a relay with two posts on it that could be your problem.

6. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

The fuses are ATC type. They are about a 1/4 inch thick and 3/4 in long. Below is a enlarged photo of what one looks like. The come in different colors, each color for each amp rating.

ATC fuse.jpg

7. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I have had a problem with the safty switch for the PTO lever. The little pushbutton sticks and/or the wire plugin connection comes loose.

Gene

8. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Could be the ignition too. I had to replace my key ignition because of the same problem.