Walker Hi-Dump

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TheDoc, Jan 22, 2005.

1. TheDoc

TheDoc LawnSite Member
    from USA

The Walker Hi-Dump is now available. Fits on all MT and MD models. Should help increase productivity for Walker users.

Check it out
  2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

That lift has been available for years... All seasons catcher lift is what it is. They improve it every year, I do know that. The first models were all electric and used screw type actuators to lift the box and weren't terrible dependable. The new ones lift a lot higher and are all hydraulic. VERY pricy tho.. 3,000+ installed and my dealer told me that they wouldn't really let anyone but them do the install, takes 2 guys that have experence a half day to install! Most people running Walkers in my town have the catcher lift. If I had the $$$ for it, I might still own my walker.
  3. TheDoc

TheDoc LawnSite Member
    from USA

The link supplied above is for the Hi-Dump is built by Walker. It can be installed at the factory for new mowers or installed on on older mowers as well.
  4. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

So Doc...since this is the only thread you've started AND the only thread you've participated in, should we conclude that you're an LCO or just a representative of Walker running a sneaky back-door piece of advertising?
  5. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

One reason I bought my Walker back in 1996 was to make use of the High Lift Dump. The dealer warned me that I would be making a mistake. He was right, I had it removed after 3 days of use. If you have mostly flat ground to mow on then its great. With the extra 5" of higth that the lift frame rises the hopper, it really throws off the tracton on any sloping areas.

6. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

what is retail for this option? btw, the walker dump only adds 3". however, it sure doesnt look to clear that much height.
  7. ztrlvr

ztrlvr LawnSite Member
    from US

nice looking deal
  8. TheDoc

TheDoc LawnSite Member
    from USA

Actually, I am neither. I am however a Walker owner, for my own private yard and believe they offer a good product, as do many other manufacturers here. If you feel I am doing some sneaky back door advertising I apologize, I felt it was a neat product and thats about it. If it is a sneaky back door advertising deal maybe the owners of this site will remove it.
  9. mowin at the lake

mowin at the lake LawnSite Member

when i was at the show in Louisville, the owner of All Seasons Lift was looking at the new walker lift-dump system. The walker version lifted the same height. I held onto the back of the GHS while it lifted, and it was able to lift me (250 lbs). However once it was in the upright position it had some side-to-side movement. I thought walker said $1800-2000 for it. It seemed like it only raised the ghs about 2-3 inches. I'll check to see if i have anymore info on it from the show.
  10. sethsodsquad

sethsodsquad LawnSite Member

Yeah, this High-dump thing has been available for years. When I went to a Walker Factory tour this summer I saw a demonstration of it.