Walker Hi lift catcher by All Seasons

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by tomo, Oct 12, 2006.

1. tomo

tomo LawnSite Senior Member

Hello, people who own one or people who repair them comments required. Found a second hand unit early type with electric lift NOT the later unit with hydraulics. I am aware electric units were a little slow and if not cleaned out regular will fail , requiring new motor and electric actuator .Or do they wear out quickly requiring consistant replacement. My point is are the early units a wolf wrapped in sheeps clothing due to the components failure rate and maintenance requirements.
    thanks tomo:waving:

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry in advance as I don't have first hand expierence, BUT there are/were a number of those units around town here. I was told they ARE a high maintence item and I recall one owner looking around to try and convert his to hydraulic (he used to have 2 units).

If the unit DOES currently work, and the price is right (they were a bit over $3,000 US installed new) I'd say you couldn't loose. Many people here think they are a joke, but personally I think they are the best thing you could have if you use a walker all day.

If you have slopes you cut, remember, the unit does raise the catcher 3 to 4 inches HIGHER than it currently sits. If you have the 9.5 catcher the top of it is then about 14 to 16 inches above the seatback. Makes it harder to get under tree branches and makes the unit more top heavy on hills. The extra weight CAN effect your traction in a negitave way too.