1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Walker Hopper Cracks

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by ksland, Apr 8, 2005.

1. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone have any good ideas to mend cracks in a walker hopper. I have thought of possibly fiberglass sheets and resin? Rivets with metal backing (ugly)? Epoxy?

Any ideas would be helpful.
  2. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

J-B Weld.

You can get at most hardware stores.

Great stuff - have used it to repair an older walker that was cracked where the hopper door meets the top of the hopper ( now they have large washers there ) and also have repairs a hydr tank leak on a Scag (metal)
  3. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

Did you finally find your Walker ???
  4. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

I have lost track of the ones I have used sheel metal and pop rivits to fix. Most of the ones I have to fix were damaged by people running into things wiht them or letting a fully loaded hopper just fall back when dumping. Sheel metal and pop rivits is how the LCOs around here fix them. Try to put the sheel metal on the inside so it does not show as bad. Use painted sheel metal or paint it after you put it in. The grass will eat up unpainted metal quick. Use aluminum pop rivits for two reason, frist they are easier to remove later than steel one and the grass does not eat them up as fast as steel.