Walker hours. How many?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by SW Landscape Maintenance, Mar 17, 2006.

1. SW Landscape Maintenance

SW Landscape Maintenance LawnSite Member

If you have a Walker . How many hours do you have? Do you put on so many hours than get rid of it it before you sink to much $$$ into repairs. I just have the one Walker so I'm really faithful when it comes to the maintenance.
    I figure between 1700hrs and 2000hrs its time to retire the machine. Down time sucks:dizzy: My first Walker I bought used at 1200hrs and at 2100hrs the engine died. Its always good to have a reliable piece of equipment.

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I had the engin replaced on my 20 HP Kohler at 2900 hours....

3. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I have 2750 now and it runs GREAT. I NEVER open the hydros. The mower just goes and goes (can I get 4000?) I use a 52 and have the speed up pulley.

4. SW Landscape Maintenance

SW Landscape Maintenance LawnSite Member

Those hrs are pretty good. I change the engine oil every 50 hrs the manual (Kohler) reccomend every 100hrs. All the other guys around here do the samething. Every spring and mid season I change the gear oil and change the tran fluid (hydrostat) each spring. When you only have one machine like myself you have to look after it. No choice. Lots of TLC. Image is huge. When customers see that you look after your own equipment from the truck down to the line trimmers and everything is clean its a reflection on your workmanship and that way your price if its 20% more than the other guy its justified.

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Interesting observation about your image, I am afraid that it doesn't matter much in most areas since 99% of the people never see the mowing company. In our area one of the most rag-tag looking companies does a lot of work in the 1mil size home area?

6. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I agree....