1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Walker hydro fan

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by american dream, Nov 7, 2013.

1. american dream

american dream LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys anyone know what would be causing my hydro fan on speed control to keep breaking. It looks very close to blower housing and I think the housing may have moved foward some,what would cause this?
  2. FerrisDiesel

FerrisDiesel LawnSite Senior Member

I think you're dead on with that assumption. If you sucked up a stick, or something, it bends the impeller in the housing and moves the housing outward. I also noticed when I was changing out my blower housing last week, that if all the bolts are not tightened, it moves the housing as well.
  3. windflower

windflower LawnSite Bronze Member

If the fan clears when installed and nothing is loose it may be debris, like pine cones, getting in there. On the walkers I've owned the blower bolts have enough stuff deposited on them that they never come loose.
  4. american dream

It's went through 4 in 2 days
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. mdghs

mdghs LawnSite Member

Check your battery protector plate and make it is tight and not sliding over and hitting the fan. Also check the underside of the body/seat and make sure nothing is dropping down when you shut the body. Has the blower intake tube been altered in any way or removed and not put on properly?
  6. american dream

No blower has not been touched in over a year. One thing I did notice is sometimes now when you shut the hopper it does not line up on the blower Shute and it has to work its way into place
    Posted via Mobile Device