Walker Hydro motors

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by mmlm, Feb 23, 2007.

1. mmlm

mmlm LawnSite Member

My 1994 Walker is not pulling correctly, I've checked all the belts, they seem fine. Does anyone know where to buy after market Hydro motors in case I need a Motor. Also, the wide 3 groove belt I think is the PTO belt, isn't that for the blades? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

3. lucforce

lucforce LawnSite Member

Assuming you have a GHS, the three-"V" belt runs the blower and the deck or other front attachment via a gearbox.

What does "not pulling correctly" mean?

4. mmlm

mmlm LawnSite Member

Not pulling correctly, I mean its like the steering levers when pushed forward it doesn't want to go or it will turn to the left good but not to the right, like maybe the right hydro is bad or I'm really not sure.

thanks

5. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

Make sure all you steering connectors are tight all the way to the hydro.

6. mmlm

mmlm LawnSite Member

Are the steering connectors like screws and bolts or what am I looking for.
    Thanks

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Make sure that all those springs in the steering linkage are very well lubed because they can stick. If they are sticking your unit fails to go forward after going backwards. Usually if hydro is going it will fail when it is hot and under load like going up ramp. Be sure all the belts are good to the hydro and idlers greased and working. The hydro is costly no way around it!

8. AAELI

AAELI LawnSite Senior Member

In addition to all the above you might want to check / change your hydro oil.

9. mmlm

mmlm LawnSite Member

Does anyone know where I can find a how to web site to change my hydro and how do I tell which is my left and which is my right, because when I pull back on my right handle my mower does not turn to mthe right? I've checked fluid and it seems fine. It might be my right hydro, I thnk.
    thanks, mike

10. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I think it would be cheaper for you to have a Walker dealer do an evaluation on your unit before you start replacing parts. A Walker hydro is around $550.00. My dealer charges 1 hour labor to check out a machine.