1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Walker Hydro Part Numbers

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by fbcoop, Jul 21, 2004.

1. fbcoop

fbcoop LawnSite Member

I need to order a new hydro for the right side drive on my walker. The Walker book tells me the part number is a 5025. It is the CCW rotation and the Eaton deisgnation is 700-032. In the J. Thomas catalog they list the right side as 700-031 part # 5026.
    For the Walker mechanics out there what's the right one? J. Thomas has the best price $449 for the replacement but I don't want to order it and find out the were looking at right and left from different perspectives. (looking at the machine as opposed to sitting on it)

2. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

Left and right are as seen from the drivers seat. Check the pump face right below the pulley. It is stamped into the case CW or CCW. I can not remember off hand but the Eaton number maybe there as well. Tell me a little about the problem you may not need a pump. The relief can stick in and cause it not to pull, the bearing and input shaft can be replaced and when was the last time you changed the fuild and what type did yopu put back in? Pumps do go bad and I have replace more than a few but on the other hand I have saved a few as well. Good luck.
  3. lucforce

lucforce LawnSite Member

I know that this is an old thread, but I am a new member and I have been searching through a few topics and wanted to put this in for other's future searches - No matter which pump rotation you receive, you received the correct pump. You can "reclock" a cw pump to be a ccw pump and vice versa.
    1. WITHOUT removing the pump halves, remove the four bolts that hold the pump together.
    2. While holding pump together on bench, rotate one pump halve 180 degrees.
    3. Reinstall and torque four bolts to spec.

Normally this is not an issue - But, if you get sent the "wrong" pump or if the warehouse has six cw and zero ccw pumps, you are still in business.
  4. mexiking

mexiking LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Hey just wondering if you know what correct torquing specs are?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. ericg

ericg LawnSite Silver Member

6. mexiking

mexiking LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

7. precision8m

precision8m LawnSite Senior Member

How does one know for sure if the hydro pump is going out? My 98 model doesn't have much power on the left side especially when the mower is warm. I am making the assumption that the hydro is on it's way out, but perhaps it can be saved. Oil level is full.
  8. ericg

How many hours are on the hydro? Have you tried draining and refilling the hydro with new synthetic oil?
  9. precision8m

precision8m LawnSite Senior Member

A few over 1200 hrs. I have not tried draining it yet. Exactly What type of fluid is recommended? I can try that tomorrow.
  10. ericg

Mobil 1 synthetic 15w-50.
    Remember, when removing the reservoir it has a left hand thread. Once you remove it, clean the screen. Refill the hydro without the reservoir and once full, reinstall the reservoir and add oil to the cold mark. Run the unit to remove air bubbles and try it out.