1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

walker hydro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GLC, Aug 9, 2005.

1. GLC

GLC LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

My walker was cutting fine and all of a sudden, it started to spin in a circle. I think my left hydro went out. I cant complain it has over 2000 hrs on it. Anyone know where I can get a used hydro from? Any help is appreciated!!
  2. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

one of mine does that every once in awhile. i just have to hit the lever back real quick and it unjams. not sure if your prob is the same though. worth a try
  3. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

It's probably something very minor. Hydros don't usually fail suddenly.

If someone doesn't diagnose the problem tonight send me a pm tomorrow and I will get you an answer.

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Take a look at the linkage to be sure it isn't bound up. There is a spring loaded device hooked to one side of the actuating linkage that might need some WD and air on it. The rod that the actuating arms that you drive with can bind up on its shaft also so make sure that is free . Make sure that the pulley on hydro side that is failing is still tight on the hydro shaft.