1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Walker hydro

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by turfmower, Oct 16, 2002.

1. turfmower

turfmower LawnSite Member

I have a 1990 walker and look like the left hydo moter blew. Any one have a used one they like to sell? It is not worth spending $500.00 for a pump to put in a 13 year old machine
  2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Check out Capt. Devo's post about the new Hydro pupms starting at $250. Might be worth a look. I love my Walker.

3. mcambrose

mcambrose LawnSite Senior Member

I jjust found hydro problems on two of my 99 walkers. I suggest that you first check out the gear boxes that the hydros drive. Need to change the fluid in the gear box to see if it has metal filings in it indicating that there is wear in the gear box. If the gear box bearings wear, they will make it hard on the hydro and it will burn out. If you replace the hydro, it will just burn out again. The dealer had to replace my hydro and gear box. Parts were over $1,000. Walker covered the parts because they had problems in 99 with the gear boxes.