1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Walker Implement Hitch

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LupineLandscaping, Mar 22, 2011.

1. LupineLandscaping

LupineLandscaping LawnSite Member

We've recently purchased a Millcreek Aerator for our Walker fleet and was curious if anyone has turned the manual Implement hitch into the electric with a linear actuator? Or if anyone has the electric hitch, could you tell me what the numbers are off the oem linear actuator?

Thanks,

Steve
    www.lupinelawncare.com

2. johnnyusa

johnnyusa LawnSite Senior Member

I have a implement hitch that attaches to the millcreek aerator it works lousy, im gonna get the perfaerator ive seen it run and its night and day better.if you know how to get good results let me know i have to put 150 lbs on top of it and it wont climb a hill for nothing

3. LupineLandscaping

LupineLandscaping LawnSite Member

I've heard it's not that great...but sometimes I have to try it myself. Weight is definitely important and I'm guessing around 200lbs should do it. The linear actuator I'm looking to install would serve two functions: to raise the Millcreek up and to also use the force of the mower frame to provide some downward pressure against the aerator frame. We'll see...

Thanks,
    Steve