Walker Lawn Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by walker/redmax, Nov 22, 2005.

1. walker/redmax

walker/redmax LawnSite Senior Member

I just wanted to post a thread for all you who love these machines! Let us all know what you think!:blob3:
  2. lawnchopper

lawnchopper LawnSite Member

we like ours its a really good bagger its a nitch mower at least the GHS I wouldnt make it our high production mower but for residential accounts and cleanups it supurb. I havent used other walker mowers to see if their faster or cut better
  3. walker/redmax

walker/redmax LawnSite Senior Member

I'm pretty sure that they just came out with a model that has a new ground speed of 7mph. For those who do not like walker because of the ground speed, mabey this will help.
  4. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, they have come out with that mower, it is not really for commercial contractor though. The other draw back is that it will not have a GHS.
  5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

26efi, 9.5 bushel hopper, 48" GHS deck and 52" mulching deck here. Cleanups in the spring and fall with the GHS decka and 52" during the regular mowing season. There are better mulching/sd mowers in the market, but for collecting you will not find any better with an outfront deck and compact size.
  6. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

They're all garbage. Call me and I will take them off your hands for scrap prices.
  7. windshadow

windshadow LawnSite Member

I have the 20hp 48 in ghs. I like the cut it gives but I do not like what I have herd about its mulching deck.I went with this unit for the reason of getting the ability of changing out decks and at 10050.00 for the mower and if I got the mulching deck at 1400.00 that totals 11450.00 at that price I could have gotten 2 machines that could have coverd a wider range of customers, I guess I should have checked it out more. like I said the cut is great but most down here do not want to pay to bag and if you open the back door and let it fly you end up with it on your self in your eyes, nose and every were you don't want it to go, also when the grass is wet like morning dew or pine straw it clog's up bad. I think they are for high end jobs not just your every day to day cut.so for just starting out I would not recommend them unless you have lots of high end type work lined up. For the money spent I could have done better. Just my 2 cents.
  8. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

whats a walker lawn mower?
  9. ProLawns

ProLawns LawnSite Senior Member

Check out the thread "the truth about Walkers" for a heated discussion about Walker mowers.
  10. zamboni

zamboni LawnSite Member

I'm a solo operator and the Walker has allowed me to increase volume and profit WITHOUT increasing fatigue. In fact my spring and fall cleanups were done ahead of schedule which allowed a few rounds of golf!!! Next year I'll schedule more work. Some guys on this site think speed and HP are the only gauges to a successful mower. The mower is a work horse. The dethather is amazing for both cleanups. It fits on a small trailer with plenty of room to spare and is very gentle on the turf. The learning curve is incredibly short and you'll be making money in no time. It is not good on wet grass, but cutting wet grass is detrimental to the turf anyway! I cut .25 to 1 acre properties and I beat two man operations with their overly built mowers on a regular basis, and it looks better. The Walker is not a purshase, it is an investment. Cheers, John.