Walker Light Kit

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by RedMax Man, Nov 5, 2007.

1. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I purchased a new light kit from Walker for a MTGHS mower.
    It only came with a parts list and diagram. (no directions)

Does anyone know where the wiring taps into?

THANKS!

2. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

The ground wire bolts to the light bracket on each light. The hot wire runs back behind the seat and though the front body. There is a loose wire coming out of the wiring harness beside the where the main ground wire from the battery is bolted to the frame. Plug the wire from the light kit into this wire. NOTE=You will need to make a ground jumper wire that does not come in the kit. Mount one end of this ground jumper to one of the bolts that holds the park brake bracket to the front body. mount the other end to the battery ground where the battery grounds to the frame. Failure to run this extra ground lead may lead to the lights being dim or to stop working from time to time. The front body is only grounded though the body hinge bolt and hinges do not make ground ground paths. PM me is you need more help.

3. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

How much did you have to pay for the light kit? I just went to autozone and got a set of 2 lights with wiring and everything for $19.99. Spent an hour or so tonight getting it all hooked up. I'll get some pictures tomorrow. Yea, mine do look a little afro-engineered, but they still get 'r done.