WALKER - Manual deck lift ...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SCAPEASAURUSREX, May 27, 2002.

1. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

Any Walker owners or users out there have any experience with this option... It's some kind of lever actuated apparatus that enables you to lift the front of the deck to climb curbs, etc, without getting off of the machine and bending over to lift up the deck.... How hard is it to use ? Is it in the way, or OK ?? Its completly manual, not the elctric version.. .. Thanks for the feedback...

2. SCAPEASAURUSREX

anybody used or tried that dump bag thing too >???? Hows that work out ???

3. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

i had a machine with the manual lift.

nice, simple setup that works with ease.

very simple to operate, and very well built.

never used their dump bags, have used alot of power dumps, wouldn't be without one.

4. SCAPEASAURUSREX

Captdevo,

Can this be added to a machine or does it have to be factory installed.. ?? Do you have any idea what it would cost for the kit ( if avail ) ?? Thanks

5. RMDoyon

RMDoyon LawnSite Member

The manual deck lift will not really get you over a curb-it only lifts the front of the deck about 5-6 inches (although I have never tried this).

What I use it for is getting on top of a pile of leaves-makes short work of cleanups.

It will not lift anything heavier than a 48" GHS (at least I know it won't lift a 52" SD).

It is never really in the way when not being used BUT when you have the implement hitch installed and your feet are placed on the foot rests your right calf will rub against one of the connecting arms..

Roger

6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I guess that this just shows my ignorance! :eek:

You cant lift the deck of a Walker??? How do you get over obstacles, trailer gate, curbs, etc???

Not trying to be a smart A$$, but I just always assumed that they tilted up high by themselves.?

What is this electric lift, and why isn't it on yours SCAPE? If this is something you need, shouldn't it be standard?

Sorry just trying to learn. Was on their site (Walker's) a few times, and left with a subliminal feeling of "ours is best, screw the rest" mentality every time I was there. Spooky!

Fill me in guys!

7. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

it can be added to the machine, it takes be approx. 1.5 hours with all the measuring, drilling and assembling.

i use it for curbs in conjunction with the curb ramp, it really works well for getting over the lip on one of my trailers.

i have mine set to where it will lift the front of the deck 10+ inches.

it does work great on piles of leaves as stated above.

these kits retail for around $285

dave

8. SCAPEASAURUSREX

Thomas, In order for you to tilt the deck up , you have to get off the machine and pick up the deck with your hands and hook it onto a bracket that swings up from the deck.. PIA....... The Manual deck lift kit allows you to do this from the operator seat.... The electric is probably like a $1000.00 option knowing walker.....

Thanks Capt D....... So I guess that means there arent hole s in the body already for it... Ughh, I hate measuring .>>>> I'll probably put it on upside down and eject myself off of the seat everytime I pull on the lever...LOL.......

9. SCAPEASAURUSREX

capt D..... The curb ramp , thats one of my probs..... Unless the ramp and curb are exactly the same height, the deck catches the top of the ramp and pulls it away from the curb as you go .... Either from approching or backing down it... Thanks again, I'll call my dealer and check into getting one..... Thanks

10. musselman

musselman LawnSite Senior Member
    from utah

Ive never used the electric lift, but the curb jumper is a life saver, it may not work in every situation but when you need it it works great. I know my lawns well enough to only carry it on lawns where I need it. I When Im cleaning leaves up I set the deck to its highest setting in the front and leave the back at 2.5 to 3 inches then start cleaning...if I get to many leaves under the deck it seems im clogging up to often. Personally I could never see a reason to buy an electric lift....never say never tho