walker MB

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnPro19, Jan 23, 2008.

1. LawnPro19

LawnPro19 LawnSite Senior Member

looking for opinions on the walker MB.. what deck do you find most effective with it? how does it handle thick grass? Do you find it has enough power? Also does anyone operate the mulching deck, and how well does it work?? thanx

2. LawnPro19

i know someone has to use an MB are has used one before?????

3. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I have an 07 MB with 125-130hrs for sale if your interested. Need a bigger machine, mine has the 42in mulch deck and the 18hp Briggs & Stratton

4. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

I own a 2006 Mb w 48sd deck. The machine is very light

about 600#. goes up and down hills better than my MT-20.

I have a 48 SD, I had a balance problem. Walker based
    the 48sd on the 48 GHS deck. but didn't allow for the chute
    and safety bar. I added about 12#. Just right. I would like to try a 56SD. The 2006 has a mag clutch. The 2007 a mechanical clutch. 18 hp Vanguard. I can zero turn without scuffing. It needs a better seat. Ed

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Ed
    Do you think the 16 briggs is going to power the 56" deck? How deep is the 56"?

John

6. LawnPro19

shade tree....how did it handle thick grass like say if u get some rain get a little backed up and yards get a little thicker, how does the 18 hp handle...how about the mulching deck, any bogging problems?... the reason i ask is i mulch every yard i cut, so i jus want to make shure it has enough power....

7. sgooseman

sgooseman LawnSite Member

would like some feed back also about the mulching deck. Does it stripe well?