Walker mod. C with TH16s Kohler

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tomt, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Tomt

Tomt LawnSite Member

I have an almost new (29hours) Walker. I went to trade on 26hp EFI and discovered it was only worth $3000.00 because it has this OHC engine. I was told by two dealers that "if I get 400 hours on this design engine I would be lucky.
    Anyone with this mower, what has your experince been.
    Tomt
    :mad:

2. djsmokin

djsmokin LawnSite Member

Tom,

I am sort of interested in finding out where you tryed to trade it? If you don't want to name the dealer could you name the town?

I just bought a new 2003 Walker Model C with the 18 hp and had one dealer tell me the old 16hp engine was no good and another tell me it was great. The one dealer that said it was great still had one in stock.

Was that offer on the trade from the dealer you bought it from?

3. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

shame, was it purchased at one of these dealers?

i have a few 16's in the feild that are doing just fine with hundreds of hours on them.

Kohler has an improvement kit for them (new dipstick, timing belt and gears, breather that has great ly improved them.

the main reason Walker upgraded was to give more HP to run 48" ghs decks.

where are you? i'm coming to Pensacola, Fl. tommorrow....should i bring a Walker......

4. Tomt

Tomt LawnSite Member

I live just outside Pen. The purchase was made in Mobile. The dealer in Pen. is the main one with the 16 concerns. He said that he ordered as few as possible with the 16 due to these problems. I spoke with Walker and was told my engine had the "upgrades" and they knew of engines with 1000+ hours with no problems.
    I am getting ready to move my business from part to full time and can't afford to have this mower go down in mid season and be out of service for weeks:mad:
    Tom.....:confused:

5. Tomt

Tomt LawnSite Member

I contacted the dealer in Pen and Mobile the one in Pen said the best he could do was $3000, Mobile was $4500, but not until late April of June. I have contacted Kohler but as of now have not heard back.:dizzy:

6. djsmokin

djsmokin LawnSite Member

That is a shame, I would have given you that much for it before I bought the 2003. I think you will do better running an ad in the mobile and Pensacola newspapers. Good luck

7. Tomt

Tomt LawnSite Member

I think I have a buyer. :blob2:

8. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

They offered you $3000 for a trade in you say....How much did you buy the machine new for??? With only 29 hrs its still brand new! Is it a 2002??
    :blob4:

9. Tomt

Tomt LawnSite Member

:( About $82. It is a 2002. I have sold it for about $65.
    :dizzy: Will deliver next week. It is a win-win for me and the buyer. He is getting a like new mower at a great price and I can move to larger one and lose much less. When I think about it that way maybe it is only a win for buyer, live and learn.:confused:

10. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

This sounds like a great situation for you. From how it sounded when I first read the thread...didn't sound like there was much hope for you at all. Sure can't complain about $6500 versus $3000. Glad to hear it worked out for you! Good luck with the EFI. Are you going for the 26hp or 29hp EFI?
    :blob4: