Walker Model MB?????????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John Gamba, Dec 7, 2005.

1. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Does anybody have any experience with this Model with the 48" timed deck?????

They say Large Home Owner Or Part time commercial?? What makes it NOT Full time Commercial???

John

2. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Been awhile since I've used them, but I seem to remember my dealer saying it was lower quality wear parts and the engine.

3. Scotts' Yard Care

Scotts' Yard Care LawnSite Senior Member

and not specific to this machine, commercial usually means heavier gauge steel, high hour rating drive components, bearings in place of sleeves and a so called commercial grade engine. From complaints I've read here some commercial grade engines aren't lasting as long as a homeowner's powerplant.
    Grease fittings and rebuildable component sub parts used to mean something but I see a lot of "maintenance free" parts advertised on even the upper end machines. In other words you're on your own unless someone with actual experience with that grade of machine is willing to contribute:D

4. John Gamba

from ct

I want to thank all of you for your time. Merry Christmas.

John

5. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

hey john... the hydros on the mb are new and walker has been waiting on more field test reports before listing it as commercial grade. that plus 18hp is border line for commercial mowers.

happy politically correct holiday season! :waving:

6. John Gamba

from ct

I like the Vanguards. It appears that the drive is what exmarks using on the phazer?????

John

7. bigdaddyspags

bigdaddyspags LawnSite Member

bump bump bump