Walker Model W "The walker"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by timsjeep, Jan 30, 2004.

1. timsjeep

timsjeep LawnSite Member

Tried the search and got nothing. Anyone have one of these that could give some feed back. I saw one at the Denver Pro Green show and its a great idea for those of use that use walkers.

Any feed back would be great. ie... what deck you use with it and what type of terrain.

Thanks, Tim

2. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

I test drove one at the dealer. The only thing I did not like is that you have to run the seperate switch to find reverse. I like the pistol design where you just squeeze the levers for reverse. It might work and zero turn fine with time , but it felt ackward to me.

3. timsjeep

timsjeep LawnSite Member

Walker told me that it did have sqeeze reverse. Maybe I misheard them.

4. dishboy

from zone 6

It does but you have to hold the speed toggle switch down until you hit nuetral and continue to hold past nuetral into reverse. So you are always on the toggle switch for to slow down for turns. It might work okay but I would have to take it out on my yards and play wiyh it.

5. cush

cush LawnSite Senior Member

I would wait another year or two till there is more feed back on them.

6. timsjeep

timsjeep LawnSite Member

Well, I took the plung and bought a new Walker W walk behind. I love the way this thing handles. It is the smoothest walk behind I have ever used. I have not cut grass with it, too much snow :) I will get some better pictures of it tomorrow. This is my 03 MC 18HP 42" GHS and the new W 15HP 48" SD deck. I also love the space these mowers save in my shop during the winter. This is a 8.5 foot trailer!

7. timsjeep

timsjeep LawnSite Member

forgot the picture.

p1010048.jpg

8. zero_turn_mowers

zero_turn_mowers LawnSite Senior Member

How much do the Walker WB go for.

Tim

9. dishboy

from zone 6

timsjeep congradulations on your new mower, did you get the stand up sulkey that flips up and doubles as the engine deck rear wheels?

Rapter_1970 If my memory serves me right it was right at 6k with a accererator bag and proslide. That was the price I was quoted I did buy one or negotiate any.

10. timsjeep

timsjeep LawnSite Member

I bought it at a Pro Green show in Denver. I got a show price, 4750 for the mower and deck, 325 for the sulky. So I paid 5,247 for the total mower. The Sulky is the secret to the mower I think. It is very smooth and comfortable to ride on and it folds in tight to the mower when not in use. My old Velky would chain up to the mower and swing into my knees when I was walking. This sulky stays out of the way. I love it.