Walker mower 26 hp efi stalling out

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by trock, Jul 22, 2013.

1. trock

trock LawnSite Senior Member

I have a walker mower with kohler 26 hp efi in it ran good then last week it started to stall out but not completely then comes back and tries to stall out again. So far ive changed the plugs, fuel lines fuel filter, checked gas cap. I ran the code on the motor and it shows no code errors any ideas what it may be??

2. windflower

windflower LawnSite Bronze Member

Is it worse at full throttle? Have you checked the air filter?

3. trock

Air filters are clean. Its the same at full throttle.

4. jetta

jetta LawnSite Member

call a dealer....there is a relay under the seat area, i believe by one of the pumps. that took care of it for me. the dealer told me they had a problem with relays, i would replace them all....cheap fix

5. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

Jetta,do you know which relay?

6. jetta

jetta LawnSite Member

don't remember, it was under the seat I think clipped to one of higher belt areas , I will try to remember to look when I get to the shop. look though I remember finding it right away

7. ZX12R

I see a relay attached right near the computer.Its cube shaped with 5 prongs. It measures about 1.5" square.Is that the one?

In the parts manual that came with my Walker years ago,for the part number,it has "NS" . For description,it simply says"Relay(Kohler)"

8. jetta

jetta LawnSite Member

yes that is a relay, they are all pretty much the same, I got mine at a auto parts store for around $5

9. trock

Was your mower missing? Is that why you changed the relay?

10. ZX12R

Tock,did you mower start acting like this in the really hot weather or does it do it even in cooler temps? What year is your machine and how many hours?