1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Walker Mower Caught Fire" on Clean Up

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by zero_turn_mowers, Nov 17, 2005.

1. zero_turn_mowers

zero_turn_mowers LawnSite Senior Member

This is what can happen to a Walker Mower when picking up leaves and you plug up, raise the hopper to dump and the dried leaves fall onto the hot muffler and start burning. I was going to purchase this mower and 1 week before the deal was to take place it caught fire on a clean up.

2. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

That sucks! I say a Perma-green magnum all toasty this week. Fortunately it belonged to the local franchise and not me...
  3. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

dozen small fires/flames either on mower or trailer last year. none so far this year. new heat shield on muffler of 26 efi was the cause of half them. was yours 25 kohler or kubota engine? never seen one that bad. we always catch them right away. lots of fire extinguishers.

offer them a cheaper price, now.
  4. zero_turn_mowers

zero_turn_mowers LawnSite Senior Member

This mower is a 25hp Kohler.

5. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

sorry about the bad news tim. bring it up here and i'll do a custom build with a car engine. ever need any help workin on those in the future give me a holler. :waving:
  6. jgtxusa

jgtxusa LawnSite Member

Been there with dry bermuda, but I got mine put out a little quicker than this one.
  7. chopsticks33

chopsticks33 LawnSite Member

wow that really sucks :dizzy:
  8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

WOW!!! Have you contacted Walker about it? Do you have insurance to cover it?
  9. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Wow Tim, that was a heck of a fire. Looks like you almost had a forest fire going with all those leaves on the ground. Sorry that happened to you.
    How are things going up there in Arkansas, aside from this little disaster?
  10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Walker owners... in the first picture I think I see the exact perfect rear wheels I have been hunting for. Looks like they are deep dish 10" wheels anyways...

So would someone who has those same wheels mind volunteering to give me some wheel specs???
    I need these bad.

4 lug pattern size?
    Center hole size?
    Depth of dish of the wheel? (offset)