1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Walker mower cutting like crap

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nickslawnltd, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

How's the screen? And air vents?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. nickslawnltd

nickslawnltd LawnSite Member

Screen is clean we wash it out almost daily and the vents in the deck are clean as I say I've checked a lot of stuff and looked back in the forum in case I missed something I'm at a total loss

Since cutting around the yard here tinkering around I decided to adjust the rpm a bit higher and see if that was the problem. Tach was showing 3200-3300 and I know they say 3600 so I set it a bit higher I guess I will see in the AM if that fails I'm outta good ideas
  3. american dream

american dream LawnSite Senior Member

Walker customer service told me to run rpm@3750
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I have found that at certain times of the year the front wheels of the deck mash down the grass and the vacuum from the deck wont pull it back up. I found that happens at higher cut levels+3" as well as going a little fast on the accellerator. I am not saying you are doing this but it has happened to me. Everyone already has talked about other potential issues so thats all I have. Good Luck.
  5. jetta

jetta LawnSite Member

what height are you cutting at? what type of grass?
  6. Mahoney3223

Mahoney3223 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

ive had this problem with mine. most likely your problem is the pulley or belt coming off the motor that goes to the blower fan. the belt gets worn out and it has slack and it wont suck up grass or leaves until you replace it. it could also be the pulley coming off the motor is worn out, there are bearrings in there and they could be shot. GL
  7. nickslawnltd

I think I'm going to check that belt it could be worn as the pto belt was and replaced it there all original belts with 600 hours so that makes sense. The pulley does as well but they all seemed ok when I changed pto belt
  8. nickslawnltd

That's really irrelevant as we haven't changed heights since the mower was new or changed the type of grass we are mowing
  9. nickslawnltd

I just inspected the blower belt. It doesn't look too destroyed but it seemed to me to have a little slack in it when I tugged on it. Should it be fairly tight?
  10. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Hey Diamond, where are you? It's a Walker mower that cuts like crap!
    Posted via Mobile Device