walker mower deflector vs. bins

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kings of Green LLC, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Hank3rd

Hank3rd LawnSite Member
    from NC

I am looking into both the bins and the deflector. I need the bins for when I collect because I dump into a trash barrel with clear bags and it will be easier to dump the bins rather that digging it out with my hands or dumping in the ground first.

For the deflector, it will help deflect the grass down and stop me from shooting against objects. I was cutting yesterday and when I turned I shot at my coworker (did not see him) and he said it hurts. Can you imagine if it is wet and shoots agains the house! I am just wondering how much the deflector folds down for storage. I know that it takes about 30 seconds to put on.

Here is a good image of the deflector. http://emmettequipment.com/?attachment_id=290
  2. chuacro

chuacro LawnSite Senior Member

I have a set of large hopper bins for sale in Memphis, TN. These are in great shape and asking $100.
  3. Hank3rd

Hank3rd LawnSite Member
    from NC

If they will work in the 10 bushel hopper, how much to ship to 27253?
  4. Golfpro21

Golfpro21 LawnSite Senior Member

4 bins placed under the hopper, tip the hopper up and everything falls into bins...........cheaper and easier than pulling bins out of a bin
  5. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

One idea is very large trash bags that you can dump straight in to. My walker dealer use to carry them but no longer does.

I may try some from uline this year. So if anyone knows which size or spec bag they use. Please let us know.