Walker Mower Fuel Pump

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ALCOA, Jul 24, 2002.

1. ALCOA

ALCOA LawnSite Member

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD A PROBLEM WITH FUEL PUMPS ON WALKER 26 HP EFI 2001 MOWERS. I AM ON MY SECOND ONE AND HAVE BEEN WAITING OVER A MONTH AND A WEEK. DEALER HAS BEEN GIVING NEW EXCUSES EVERY WEEK NOW HE ADMITS THEY HAVE NO CLUE WHEN TO EXPECT ONE........ ANY ONE ELSE ???: :angry:

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

This day and age, any part can be ANYWHERE in the US Next DAY! You've waited 36 days too many! What is your dealer giving for a reason for not having one in stock? What is he giving as an excuse that he cant get you one the next day?

I know things are a little s l o w e r in the South, but....

Something is wrong with this picture.

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know what they cost and they may be expensive but I would definately order 2. If it's a part that is going to fail on a regular basis you need to keep one on hand so you don't have any downtime.

As far as waiting on your dealer for over 30 days I would have already gone somewhere else on a permanent basis. You can buy Kohler parts anywhere you like. Not just from a Walker dealer. I assume that you are hounding him every day?

4. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

they're not that hard to get.....i can get them next day.

you say your on your second one....did they replace under warranty? did they tell you of a couple service bulletins walker put out about these? did they upgrade to the larger screen filter? that was the biggest problem, the filters were too fine and restricting.

let me know if you can't get one, i can get it sent to you.

dave

5. Jman

Jman LawnSite Member

Is it the in tank version or the new externally mounted pump? If it is the in tank version have them order a part number 24 755 129-S. If you have any more problems, let me know.

6. MPOSSIBL

MPOSSIBL LawnSite Member

got the same problem 2nd one in less than 2 years , unacceptable, imagine changing your fuel pump every 10000 miles on your car/truck, i am sure everyone would be outraged at the dealer/manufacturer !!
    i am writing to walker a nasty complaint email. let them know the frustration!
    apparently that fuel pump is available at Napa and other autoparts stores, but without a part number it is difficult to research, i talked to a part rep at Bosch who fabricate the pump, he could not cross the part number from Kohler to Bosch and assured me if they manufacture the part, more than likely they stamp the part # on it !but i couldnot find it. And for you who change the filter on the EFI engines, don't buy it at your dealer, just bring the Bosch part number at Advance auto parts or other sores, they will have it at $13 instead of $40 at the dealer, it is a filter used in automotive.
    i am supposed to get my fuel pump tomorrow, we'll see !!

7. macy landscaping

macy landscaping LawnSite Member

Contact Walker with your problem....they helped me with my walker and it was out of warranty when my dealer couldnt get a gear for my gearbox and got me a new peerlesss one .I got 900.00 dollars off the bill..Go to there website to the contact page and tell them your problem and they will SEE that it gets fixed............Hope this helps!!!!!!!!!!

8. ddardenne

ddardenne LawnSite Member
    from Ark

Walker has another brand of fuel pump instead of Kolears fuel pump

9. MPOSSIBL

MPOSSIBL LawnSite Member

O2 sensor rarely go bad, by applying heat to it (torch) AND WITH A VOLTMETER, YOU CAN SEE if it works or not, even with a lot of carbon built up, they still operate. but the issues is with the code reading O2 sensor, from that code, it could be a lot of different issues , so for most mechanics, it is a guessing issue ! so when you think how much money you spend on fixing issues what would not be on a carburated engine, it erases the fuel savings you suppose to make !! so it is NOT worth the headaches !!! Can you read this WALKER ??