Walker Mower Ignition Switch

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by lawnandl, Sep 28, 2006.

1. lawnandl

lawnandl LawnSite Member

DOES ANYONE HAVE A DIAGRAM FOR THE WIRING OF A WALKER MOWER IGNITION SWITCH, 6 TERMINAL, LIKE COLOR COORDINATED. I:confused: CAN'T SEEM TO FIGURE IT OUT. I GET CLOSE , BUT NO CIGAR. THANK YOU GUYS!

2. lawnandl

lawnandl LawnSite Member

EVEN A WEBSITE LINK WOULD HELP ALOT !!

3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

4. Restrorob

5. lawnandl

lawnandl LawnSite Member

No, that link I already tried. The ignition part # is oem wa 8960-15. it is for kohler 20hp walker mowers. it is 6 terminal, and I need the color coordination for the poles. the walker manuals only have 4 or 5 terminal this is 6 ?

6. Restrorob

Well, My hands are tied without unit model and serial numbers.
    But I did instant message and send a personal message to a Walker Service Tech. So maybe he will chime in and give you a hand.

7. tomo

tomo LawnSite Senior Member

hello, different year and models eg MT has numerous different wiring configurations ,as mentioned earlier in post u need to search with model number etc.
    tomo:waving:

8. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

There was a switch change over. I have the sheet for the wiring changes at work. I will post it toworrow night

9. fixer67

Here is the papers for the switch upgrade on Walkers I was telling you about. They did not scan well to PDF so I scan them as pictures and cleaned them up but then there were too big to upload as pictures so I uploaded them as a ZIP file. Hope this works, this is the first ZIP file I have made. Any unzip program should unzip it. I use EASYZIP to make it.

Attached Files:

10. fixer67

lawnandl
    SO how did it go? Was the file I posted of any help to you?
    I noticed the file has only 2 views and I think that was me. Any one else tried to view it? This is the first ZIP file I have ever made so I would like to know how well I did.