Walker mower leaving a strip of leaves

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by FerrisDiesel, Nov 7, 2013.

1. FerrisDiesel

FerrisDiesel LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Guys,
    Need a little help figuring this out. Just put on a new set of blades, changed all the belts and tightened clutch, new blower housing and am using the large whole screen and I am getting a small strip of leaves down the middle of the stripe. I also checked the sheer pin on the drive shaft and it is good to go.

It's a 2012 MTGHS, 26 hp efi with a 52" deck. Any suggestions?

2. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

Pepto Bismol

3. mathews

mathews LawnSite Member

lower back half of deck slightly, hope that work

4. johnnyusa

johnnyusa LawnSite Senior Member

try going 0ne notch lower on cutting height

5. johnnyusa

johnnyusa LawnSite Senior Member

make sure theyre walker blades not after market ive heard the 52 doesn't vacuum leaves as well as 48 inch deck

6. FerrisDiesel

I have used a 48" deck before and I think you are right.......the 52" bags o.k. and I didn't have any problems what so ever last year with it. I think it may be one of the baffles bent or the rpms might be too low

7. mds2000

mds2000 LawnSite Member

52 inch decks have the blades spin in reverse of the 42 and 48 inch deck check that first then the blade angle makes a difference new or used check that then go onto the motor rpm and what clutch did you tighten?

8. FerrisDiesel

I think i figured out what happened.......maybe. I had to take the crosstubes apart, because I hit something and the bolts loosened up in the aluminum gearbox. So I took it apart, fixed the gearbox, replaced the gaskets and in doing so, I don't think I set the shafts in exactly the way they were before. They are pretty close to straight up and down and side to side......but might be a little off.