Walker Mower Model t Muffler

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by lawnandland, Sep 3, 2006.

1. lawnandland

lawnandland LawnSite Member
    from nj

I can't seem to find a Walker Mower Model t Muffler. It is the kind that drops down to the lower part of the engine. It's the flat type, most common I suppose. anyone have any websites in mind for a muffler. Tulsa and small engine wrhse don't seem to have it. Please help. PS, my local dealer cannot get it anymore??????Really???? need a photo, I can supply. thanks all !!
  2. RedWolf

RedWolf Banned

post a pic of what you have and i may have one or two i could send you
  3. tomo

tomo LawnSite Senior Member

Hello, sounds like the oval type eg[seperate engine pipes] [look from the end ][stainless steel guard]. Later muffs r round with the engine pipes part of the muffler.
    Due to the very thin steel and ones that fail under warranty splits etc mainly around guard mounts and inlet tubes i had a stainless dual layered with heat wrap betweenlayers made up . Available at a custom exhaust manufacturer, they will need a sample. tomo
  4. AAELI

AAELI LawnSite Senior Member

P/N 8013 has been replaced with a newer design to eliminate/reduce the typical 'backfire' when shutting off the engine. The replacement kit is easy to install and seems a bit more durable.

Any particular reason you want the older style instead of the new and improved?

I believe the older one was retailing somewhere around $95.
  5. lawnandland

from nj

Thanks for the replys guys. I have attached 2 pictures of the muffler. If there is a new and better updated muffler for the kohler ch20hp, please let me know the type, or if possible, the model #. I would rather not deal with my walker dealer, as they just seem to busy to deal with that? HERE ARE THE PHOTOS BELOW, Thanks again !!!
  6. lawnandland

from nj

Here Are The Photos, Sorry!

walker mower 800X599.jpg

7. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

Send me an email address that I can send you some infor. Lawnsite say you can not receive IMs at this time.
  8. lawnandland

from nj