walker mower owners!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John Gamba, Jan 21, 2004.

1. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Have you seen the (NEW) i'm going to call it 52" S/D. It seems to have a baffle like an exmark or scag in the front of the deck.It does not look like a mulching baffle but a FLOW CONTROL one.
    Also what is the blade speed on the (NEW) 52" Deck.
    I just got the brochure and its the one with the roses on it.
    John

I'll try and post a pic tonight.
    Thanks

2. Kelly & Sons

Kelly & Sons LawnSite Member

:confused:

Haven't seen it yet

3. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't care to see it...:(

4. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you, tagteam and I are going to Hartford. Hope to see the

photo. We'll have a report on Meg-mo. Ed

5. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

At one time I heard that walker was oign to have a 52" deck for the GHS. Anyone heard of this?

6. John Gamba

from ct

Good Morning Ed.
    Whats in hartford?
    John

7. John Gamba

from ct

I have heard of it for a couple of years???
    John

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Are you sure it was a 52"....I was thinking it was much larger than the 52"....like a 62", but I could be wrong. I spoke with Bob Walker about the mulching problems with the 52" deck. I asked if he was familar with LS and he said yes and went on to tell him about many threads about the flaws with the 52" deck and he acted like he knew nothing about it. I do remember hearing about the new design, but when I asked my dealer, he knew nothing about it, that was about 8 months ago. I would love to see a pic John.

9. John Gamba

from ct

I will try. But i have to scan it and thats been a while. BUT it is a small pic.
    Its in the brochure with the stream and roses. Last page in side.
    John

10. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I don't really care to see your bashing of a mower. If you cant read a thread and contribute in a positive way then keep your comments to yourself.

Too bad that you may not like Walker, you created a thread and got your point across. Let it lie. Don't spread useless comments in other threads. People want to learn something without wading thru all kinds of meaningless posts.

Sorry for that John.

Thanks for the info. I have not heard nor seen this. I have a 52SD that is a great deck that does great in all my conditions but I am thinking this control would help with the front end blowout that the deck gives in certain conditions. I also wondered about the blade speed as this is something that different pulleys can increase ir decrease. All in all the deck is a moneymaker for me but I am always lookin to add a Lazer to the group.