1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Walker Mower Perferator Aerator - Mpls, MN

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Pro-Turf LLC, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Pro-Turf  LLC

Pro-Turf LLC LawnSite Member

I have a 2004 Walker Mower Perferator aerator attachment that I bought new and used one day a year has a total of approx. 40-50 hours on the machine. Runs great.

$3150
    Located in minnesota.
    Can deliver for a price.

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

2. Pro-Turf  LLC

$3000 obo. Willing to deliver or ship for a price.

3. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Does this unit pull plugs or poke holes? How many holes/plugs per sq ft. Why are you getting rid of it? What HP machine were you using it with?

4. Pro-Turf  LLC

From the walker website...Walker's Perfaerator can aerate up to 60,000 square feet per hour, making quick work of a standard yearly lawn maintenance task for commercial mowing companies.

A 41-1/2-inch turf aeration pattern is delivered by the Perfaerator's twelve tines. The camshaft design drives the tines up to 2-1/2" deep into the soil. The PTO-driven tines engage and disengage easily to skip over sprinkler heads and sidewalks without slowing down and easily lock into a raised position for secure transport.

Like I stated I only use one day a year and am looking to thin out the equipment I rarely use and possibly get out all together. I usually had it hooked up to one of my MT20s but have used the MBs before.

5. Pro-Turf  LLC

$2800 looking to get this out of the garage.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Realfunny3

Realfunny3 LawnSite Member

Do you still have this attachment.

7. tpuck2687

tpuck2687 LawnSite Member

A 41-1/2-inch turf aeration pattern is delivered by the Perfaerator's twelve tines. The camshaft design drives the tines up to 2-1/2" deep into the soil.

So it just makes holes, no plugs?

8. agent walker

agent walker LawnSite Senior Member

no, it pulls plugs

9. tpuck2687

tpuck2687 LawnSite Member

Pm sent. Also anyone else used this on a walker before? Thought comments
    appreciated

10. agent walker

agent walker LawnSite Senior Member

I have one. It's fast! works best in large areas. they are a very high maintenance. You have to grease them religously, and some of the bolts have a tendency to work loose due to the vibrations,so you have to watch that, esp on the bearings. I think they had a problem with the cam breaking, its a bit on the small side. That one is the newer model and they fixed some issues and it has ground speed dial on it. Drive like you don't have reverse, because the tines don't retract very high when its raised up, and when you back up, they will catch, esp going up trailer ramp. You need to flip up the shield and pull the tine assembly back manually.