walker mower prices ?????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by baddboygeorge, Dec 11, 2003.

1. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a chance to buy a few walkers used 2 are the mc ghs models with the 16 hp kohler motors one has 240 hours an one has 640 hours an the third mower is the ms ghs model with the 11 hp an 1400 hours . what are these units worth they are in pristine condition an have been well maintained please give me some feedback thats george

2. zero_turn_mowers

zero_turn_mowers LawnSite Senior Member

What year model are they, just guessing on the 16hps being aleast 2000's I would say:

16hp with 240 hours would retail for around $4500.00
    16hp with 640 hours about $4000.00
    11 hp not really worth much $1000 -$1300

Tim:cool2:

3. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

i like the guy told me these units were 5-7 years old . do these mower handle hills well an are they quick an how about quality of cut an machine, please let me know thanks

4. Rodney Johns

Rodney Johns LawnSite Member

I think that you are on the right track with the Walkers for sure. I would say that the prices that the other guy put up are pretty close for retail.
    I am a dealer and would agree with those numbers.

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Keep in mind that these mowers mentioned are home owner/light commercial models.

6. Craig T

Craig T LawnSite Member

I've been looking for a used Walker as well. A used one in decent shape with a fair amount of hrs is hard to find. A guy sold one last month it was a 98" rebuilt 20hp 48" large bagger for $3900 I missed out on that one. I'm sure I will have to give between 4 and 6 for a good used one. The Walker's are just about the only mowers I see here in town being used by cutters, other than walkbehinds. Yes there are few Lazers aroundas well.

7. s&wlawncare

s&wlawncare LawnSite Member

dont go below 20 hp

8. LAWNPROzII

LAWNPROzII LawnSite Member

16 hp are way to under powered(Have 16hp and 20hp.). The Walker are great mowers for lawns that aren't to large. They really don't have that wide open speed. Would really recommend waiting for something with a larger power plant, I think you will be way more pleased.

9. workaholic

workaholic LawnSite Senior Member

walker mowers are designed to mow tight to midsize lawns and to collect clippings unless you want to spend another 1000.00 or more for a side discharge deck no thanks but if you mow once a week and your height of cut is proper you can make it look clean unless job calls for bagging buy another brand with a quick attach vac system walker is a very expensive machine to maintain but who am i to tell you want to buy

10. jasond

jasond LawnSite Member

We utilize a 20HP with GHS 42" and 48" deck , and one with 26 HP and a 62" SD deck. Both have had the speed up kits installed. IMHO, they are good mowers with a nice cut, although they are high dollar. They are dependable and retain their values fairly well. I would not recommend anything smaller than a 20HP, as sometimes I feel that the 20HP could use a push once in a while.