1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Walker Mower question...diesel

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ClassicLawnCareInc, Sep 16, 2012.

1. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

I like hopper, I'm going to get tail wheel bearings for it as we speak. All 8 of them haha. Really if your doing serious bagging get a hopper, no one matches there bagging hopper capacity. Think the biggest is 22 cu ft now?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. mjstef

mjstef LawnSite Member

I think so. I can do 2-3 private accounts with the hopper before i dump and i have the mid size box. The new grasshoppers only have a pair of jackshaft belts and a deck belt. The hydro is direct drive off the motor. They are a breeze to work on and the motor don't have to be pulled to clean it out like a Walker. I cannot get the speed out of any walker that i can with the hopper. I can also bag with my 61" deck, Again, can't get that big of a bagging deck with a Walker. They are too slow and ride rough and after a few hours my bad knee starts to bug me from the constant deck jostling. My feet sit on the operators platform on the hopper. I COULD use something like a Walker on some of my very small accounts but i get by. Most everything i do is 1/2 to 3 acres.

All this said, my dealer is 250 miles away but i do my own work anyways. We only have Walker, Husky, Deere and Toro in this town.

3. electric

electric LawnSite Member

Called Walker tec support today. As of 10/2/12 they have produced 118,993models to date. You were only off by 106,007. According to tec support they build on average 15 mowers a day. At those numbers only working 260 days per year it will take only 27.18 years to catch up with your 225,000 number.