Walker Mower question...diesel

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ClassicLawnCareInc, Sep 16, 2012.

1. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

I like hopper, I'm going to get tail wheel bearings for it as we speak. All 8 of them haha. Really if your doing serious bagging get a hopper, no one matches there bagging hopper capacity. Think the biggest is 22 cu ft now?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. mjstef

mjstef LawnSite Member

I think so. I can do 2-3 private accounts with the hopper before i dump and i have the mid size box. The new grasshoppers only have a pair of jackshaft belts and a deck belt. The hydro is direct drive off the motor. They are a breeze to work on and the motor don't have to be pulled to clean it out like a Walker. I cannot get the speed out of any walker that i can with the hopper. I can also bag with my 61" deck, Again, can't get that big of a bagging deck with a Walker. They are too slow and ride rough and after a few hours my bad knee starts to bug me from the constant deck jostling. My feet sit on the operators platform on the hopper. I COULD use something like a Walker on some of my very small accounts but i get by. Most everything i do is 1/2 to 3 acres.

All this said, my dealer is 250 miles away but i do my own work anyways. We only have Walker, Husky, Deere and Toro in this town.

3. electric

electric LawnSite Member

Called Walker tec support today. As of 10/2/12 they have produced 118,993models to date. You were only off by 106,007. According to tec support they build on average 15 mowers a day. At those numbers only working 260 days per year it will take only 27.18 years to catch up with your 225,000 number.