Walker mower question

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by zima, Mar 15, 2006.

1. zima

zima LawnSite Member

Just going full time this year and trying to get a used lawnmower, this guy is selling his walker mower 02 model 26 hp whit a 42 mulching deck only 800 hrs on it, he is asking $4500 you guys think is a good price for the mower, and how much $ the bagging deck run for ?:confused: don;t know if go for it or just get one whit the bagging deck Tks.

2. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

The $4500 isn't a bad price. That mower still has a long life ahead of it. The GHS deck runs around $1460 for a 48" and $1370 for a 42". Do you have a Walker dealer located near you? The one by me sells reconditioned units that aren't bad. Make sure you absolutely need a Walker. I was practically sold on a Walker. Then I realized I don't need to haul away clipping, I might as well mulch them. Also, when I go and cut larger properties I will get them done faster with a midmount. Don't get me wrong, Walkers are one of the best collection units around. Don't forget you can get into a Walker (new) for $8800. Thats a MCGHS 18hp, 48" deck, and a warranty. Do some searches and make sure your possitive you need it. If you do... Jump on this offer. Thats my opinion.

3. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds pretty good to me, i paid over $12,000 for mine new, with the 48GHS and 9.5 catcher.

4. MCS Lawn Care

MCS Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I have a 42' walker with 2 decks that i dont want or need. IT is an older machine (late 90's) but all electrical is new, like 8 sets of blades and allways dealer maintained. let me know

chris

5. zima

zima LawnSite Member

I'm confused about this mower. I'm going to see what kind of properties I'll be getting since this is my first full-time year. Then I will see if I really need this Walker. Thank you so much for your input. You guys know so much more than I do. I really appreciate it.

6. Jody P

Jody P LawnSite Member

I was at my dealer yesterday looking at new mowers. The Walker is a sweet machine but limited. If you have a lot of upscale yards the machine can not be beat. They also sell Exmark and Skag. You can add a power assisted bagger to either machine for around $2500.00. I want the Walker however to replace my old Husky I think I will purchase the ExMark or Skag. My dealer also offers Zero Down Time for $400.00. If any thing on my machine will take longer than 60 minutes to fix they will provide me a loaner.