1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Walker Mower Question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BobbyKnight, Aug 20, 2004.

1. BobbyKnight

BobbyKnight LawnSite Member

OK, I'm sorry that I don't have more details, but any help on this would be nice. I'm looking at possibly purchasing a second mower, and I found out about this Walker zero-turn. The person I talked to about it didn't have much info. on it because he is trying to sell it for a friend who moved and didn't want to take it with him. Anyway, here's what I can tell you about it: 1. Has a 48 in. cut. 2. Probably an 18 horse engine. 3. Also, it has grass catcher that sits directly behind the drivers seat. 4. It is 2 maybe 3 years old. 5. It has 82 hours. 6. Owner purchased it new for approx. $6000. 7. Asking price is $4000, but it has been sitting in his friends shop all summer. Hopefully he would take less.

Hopefully, these are enough details for some of you to give me some feedback about this mower. Looks like a nice mower, but I know nothing about Walker mowers, and I want to know from all of you if this is a good mower, what kind of price to offer, etc.
  2. GeeVee

GeeVee LawnSite Senior Member

3. CJ GreenScapes

CJ GreenScapes LawnSite Member
    from AL

I would offer 3k as well, but have a mechanic check it out first. There's alot more to a Walker than your average Z. I can tell you that 82 hours is nothing compared to the life of a well-kept Walker.

Good luck and let us know how you come out...
  4. greenfeet

greenfeet LawnSite Member
    from Pa

I can tell you this, I have had my Walker for 3 years and I love it. I cuts great and is easy to maintain and work on. I would agree with the above post as to have a mechanic look it over before purchasing. The price sounds about right but offer something lower and test the water. 82hrs is nothing if it was taken care of.

One thing to think about is bagging clippings. If you are not currently doing so then stay away from this mower. Bagging is a PITA but around here most people want it done. Blow cutting will require an addition deck purchase. If you are bagging then by all means look into it further. You will love this thing in the fall for picking up leaves. I would suggest some type of mulching blades, they chop leaves to a pulp.
  5. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a MT-20 2001 demo w 15 hrs 7700. At 4000

sounds great might pay to have it looked at. Ed