1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Walker Mower Transport

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CMerLand, Jun 14, 2001.

1. CMerLand

CMerLand LawnSite Senior Member

Quick question for those walker mower users.

Do any of you transport your walkers with the deck flipped up and locked in place? I can see major damages if ever involved in a serious accident as well as the liability of having sharp blades exposed but was just curious if this was an option.

2. JJ Lawn

JJ Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

The only time that I transport with deck in up position is when I have both Walkers on trailer. As far as damages in an accident, I wouldn't think it would make any difference whether the deck was in the up or down position.

3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I have only done this a couple of times when the trailer was full of yard waste. Otherwise I transport it down. Even though its not a lot of trouble to put up and down, I like getting on and going. The less steps you have to take over the course of the day makes your nights more enjoyable.
  4. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

we flip em up when the trailer is real packed or just need some extra room for the day ....other wise leave it down ......much faster n easier on the old back ;->

BUSHMASTER LawnSite Senior Member

I transport with the deck up.because the deck is spring loaded,the bouncing it dose while ridding on the trailer will wear out those caster wheel and frame bushing,real quick.l :blob3: